In the morning, there are not many things better than starting your day with a delicious and health packed smoothie. With hundreds, if not thousands of healthy recipes out there, we have pulled our 4 healthiest weight loss favourites together so that you can try one out each morning before work.
As breakfast smoothies are a set of ingredients, and combined together into the nutribullet, unless stated, all ingredients are to be blasted within the mixing cups.
Smoothies with Oats
Oats are a popular addition to smoothies as they are low on the glycemic index meaning they are useful for slow releasing energy over the course of your morning, meaning it will keep you feeling full until lunch.
1 – Classic Berry Smoothie
- 1 small banana
- 1 big handful of spinach (around 50% of the cup contents)
- 1 handful of mixed frozen berries
- Almond or coconut milk to the max line
- 3 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp hemp powder or flax seed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
2 – Pomegranate Smoothie
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 chopped small banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries or frozen mixed berries
- ¼ cup rolled oats
Nutribullet Smoothie with Yoghurt
Adding greek or Scandinavian yoghurt to a smoothie is pretty normal, using a low fat option is perfect for those weight loss and low calorie smoothies.
3 – Greek Delight
- ½ banana
- handful frozen summer fruit
- 8 green grapes
- ¼ mango
- ½ carrot
- 1/8 cucumber
- 2 handfuls of spinach (to just under 1/2 the cup)
- 4 tbsp muesli
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Dollop of fat free Greek Yoghurt
High Protein Smoothies
If you are looking to get a good amount of protein in your morning smoothie, you can simply add a protein powder or more fruit or plant based protein sources. By using whole foods and nut butters, you can easily build a delicious smoothie each morning.
4 – Peanut and Honey
- ⅓ cup toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 3 ice cubes
- Milk to fill line