You may be aware of the benefits of eating raw foods, but wondering how on earth can you consume more of them. Quality kitchen tools such as spiralizer’s are fantastic to making your own spaghetti from vegetables.
A spiralizer will enable you to turn vegetables such as cucumbers and courgette into spiraled, curly strands. It can turn mostly any veggie into noodle form. The handy little tool is great for making raw vegetables in pasta strands and make amazing recipes. The machine is cheap and can be found on Amazon or other home stores for around £10 – £20.
Which Vegetables Can You Spiralize
Just to name a few, here are our top 6 vegetables to try out with your new toy.
- Bell peppers
- Squash (it’s recommended that you cook in some way once spiralized—steam, blanch, stir-fry, or sauté)
- Sweet potato (it’s recommended that you cook in some way once spiralized—steam, blanch, stir-fry, or sauté)
Once you’ve chosen your vegetable to spiralize, you now need to move forward into forming a dish or pulling together a recipe and enjoy. Building your own raw vegetable pasta, noodle or spaghetti dish will require a few extra ingredients. To build up your dish, try adding the following to form your final meal:
- Fresh herbs
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chicken, shrimp, chickpeas, tofu or other protein sources
- Steamed greens
- Chopped, crumbled, or fresh cheeses
and to finish off your dish you may need a sauce, to enhance the dish, try adding the following:
- Bolognese sauce
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Spicy peanut sauce
- Alfredo or roux sauce
- Warm broth base for soup