So, you’ve got that craving for chocolate brownies but you’re on a diet… What to do?
Here we have a delicious chocolate brownie recipe that is healthy and it is just as good and just as satisfying as the real thing!
This recipe makes 12-16 portions
Calories per brownie : 125
What you’ll need for our Brownie Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons espresso (optional)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup semisweet/low fat/low sugar chocolate chips
How to make these Healthy Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminium foil and spray it lightly with low fat cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, take your wet ingredients of cream butter and sugar at medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes, or until combined. Adding the egg, egg whites and vanilla. Continue beating until incorporated.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl (no room for waste), and reduce mixer speed to low.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the bowl, followed by yogurt, and mix gently by hand until combined. The batter will be thicken.
- Stir in chocolate.
- With a spatula, spread mixture evenly in aluminium wrapped pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in centre of pan comes out dry. Cool on a wire rack before removing from pan and slicing into 16 squares.