The paleo diet is a new fad, if you are just starting out or looking for fresh ideas, here are a few of our favourite paleo breakfast ideas. By simply taking Paleo’s underlying principals of clean eating, whole foods, lots of quality protein,good fats, and vegetable carbohydrates, you have a prescription for excellent nutrition.
1 – Paleo Nutty Granola Breakfast
- 1/4 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup Organic Walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup Hazelnut, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 whole Egg Whites
- 2 tsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
How to make Nutty Paleo Granola for Breakfast
- Preheat your oven to 150 C (300 F).
- Mix together all the nuts, seeds and coconut in a bowl and mix well.
- Take a new bowl and whisk together eggs white, vanilla bean/extract, coconut oil, sea salt and honey until it becomes slightly fluffy.
- Pour egg white and coconut oil mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well (don’t be afraid to use your hands to make sure all the nut mixture is covered.
- Spread out the granola mixture in a semi thin layer on a piece of non stick parchment.
- Place the granola in the middle of the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes until the granola is golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove from oven and turn the granola over to ensure all of it gets cooked.
- Bake for another 4-7 minutes until all the granola is golden brown in colour. Make sure to keep a close eye on it during the last minutes to prevent it from overcooking.
- Remove from oven again and leave to cool completely before breaking apart the larger pieces of granola to the size you want.
2 – Paleo Sweet Potato Spinach Frittata
- 1 cup of spinach (cooked and chopped)
- 1 thinly sliced sweet potato
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices of cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Paleo Sweet Potato Spinach Frittata
- Preheat your oven to 180 C (350F).
- Grease your oven safe dish.
- Cover the bottom of your dish with a layer of potatoes.
- Cover your potatoes with some crumbled bacon and some spinach.
- Add another layer of potatoes and continue layering.
- Whisk your eggs together in a mixing bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour your egg mixture over your layered dish.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 30 minutes.
3 – Chia Seed Pudding Paleo Breakfast Option
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut milk ( or 1 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup almond milk)
- 6 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 5 Dates, chopped
- 1 tsp Vanilla
You are able to choose from a variety of flavours, here are a few options that you can chose from.
- Lime – juice of 1 lime
- Chocolate – 1 1/2 tblsp cacao powder
- Coconut – 4 tbsp Shredded coconut
- Berry – handful frozen berries
How to make Chia Seed Pudding
- Blend all ingredients, besides chia, in a blender until well combined
- Add chia and blend for 5 seconds
- Pour into jars or containers
- Crush almonds/ berries/ coconut and pour over the top
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours and enjoy cold